Friday, July 8, 2011

Let Them Be Little

Anytime I am feeling overwhelmed or let's be extrememly honest, seeing my friends that have no children able to do whatever they want whenever they want (like going to a movie, one day..haha) I listen to this song. Whenever I hear this song, I am 100% ready to go play choo-choo trains, kiss boo boo's, watch Handy Manny, prepare a bottle, change a diaper, hunt for a paci, play ball, etc. I'm a honest, tell it like it is person and I'll be honest when saying parenting isn't always rainbows and butterflies. As a mom, I want to be supermom and always have it together but that's just not how it is. I've cried many many times and wondered if there was a light at the end of this newborn/toddler tunnel. But one of the amazing things about being a mom is that not even 10 minutes after that cry or horrible feeling, your child does something. Usually small that not even a non relative would think is special. But it can take my breath away. This song is my anthem. I strive to let my children be little, as well as my students I teach. I don't want them to be mini adults doing everything just right with manners 100% of the time. Let's face it, the stories we tell when they're grown are not the ones about being a perfect little angel. I'm sure Lucas' story about going to the ER for possibly taking pills only to later find that he dumped them in a drawer will be at the top of our story telling list. I enjoy the moments of just seeing him be a child. I enjoy seeing Lilly need me so much. That's the hardest part of seeing your baby grow sooooo fast. They start needing you less and less. But I also enjoy seeing their independence. And that is why moms are crazy. haha. Well here is the video/song. Let it speak to your heart and yes, it'll make you kiss and hold your babies extra tight.

No comments: